Hirain Adaptive AUTOSAR Solutions INTEWORK-EAS-AP
With the continuous expansion of automotive electronics software, the software architecture and methodology of Classic AUTOSAR (hereinafter referred to as CP) has been recognized by more and more OEMs and suppliers. At the same time, CP also faces huge challenges and cannot meet the automotive requirements for advanced autonomous driving, high-performance (heterogeneous) computing platforms and V2X interconnection. In 2017, Adaptive AUTOSAR (hereinafter referred to as AP) came into being.
Adhering to the same concept as CP (Let supplier and OEM focus more on the development of application functions), AUTOSAR standards organization also proposed the methodology for AP, and based on this methodology, created a software architecture of AP middleware, as shown in Figure 1.
Through this architecture, suppliers can easily implement basic functions such as diagnostics (UDS and DOIP), service oriented communication (SOMEIP), network management, and data persistence in high-performance controllers. In addition, advanced functions such as execution control, platform health management, and state management can also be implemented.
Figure. Software architecture of AP middleware
Unlike the methodology of CP, AP’s methodology uses the service oriented architecture to split the application into multiple functional components and provide in the form of services. Services interact through a simple, accurate and neutral interface. Services can be reused and are loosely coupled.
In order to cope with complex software and hardware environments, the AP specification requires that the development of middleware should be based on the more flexible and powerful C++11/14 language, and runs on top of an OS that conforms to the POSIX interface standard, such as Linux or QNX. This also allows AP middleware to meet the needs of high-performance controllers, such as domain controllers, ADAS, HU, and T-box.
Relationship between CP and AP
Can AP completely replace CP? The answer must be no. CP and AP each have their own application scenarios and complement each other. Table 1 is comparison table of AP and CP:
Run On MCU
Run On MPC /SOC
Development based on C language
Development based on C++11/14 language
Hard Real Time
Soft Real Time
Based on AUTOSAR OS
Based on POSIX-compliant OS
Program running mode
TASK(Run on ROM)
PROCESS(Run on RAM)
Signal Based Communication
Service Oriented Communication
Address space allocation
All tasks share address space
Each process has an independent address space
Resources provided by AUTOSAR
Provide specification and example code
Hirain Adptive AUTOSAR Solutions
INTEWORK-EAS-AP is the Adaptive AUTOSAR solution independently developed by Hirain. It follows the AUTOSAR Adaptive R19-11 specification, uses C++11 language and POSIX operating system, in addition to implementing diagnostics (UDS and DOIP), service-oriented communication ( In addition to basic functions such as SOMEIP), network management, and data persistence functions, it also has implemented advanced functions such as execution management, platform health management, status management, configuration and update management, and encryption management functions.
INTEWORK-EAS-AP has been adapted to WindRiver Linux, Android, QNX and other POSIX operating systems, and has been adapted to Soc platforms such as TDA4, Qualcomm 8155, MT8666, S32G/S32V, IMAX6/8, Horizon J2/J3, SemiDrive G9X, X9H and Black Sesame A1000. The software component architecture are shown in Figure 2.
- Software Architecture：
- Software Toolchain :
In addition to software components, the Hirain Adaptive AUTOSAR solution includes complete Adaptive AUTOSAR tool chain, which runs on the PC to realize the design, generation and configuration functions of AUTOSAR component software. The tool chain consists of two parts: AP.Configurator and AP.Generator. The schematic diagram of the tool chain is shown in Figure 3.
AP.Configurator : Adaptive AUTOSAR configuration tool, supports importing, parsing, and editing ARXML files based on Adaptive platform to complete the design and development of Machine, Executable, Instance, etc. Supports importing ODX and transforming it into ARXML format diagnostic model. Support the configuration of SWC files, complete the SWC Port and frame design.
AP.Generator : Adaptive AUTOSAR generation tool, realizes the generation of component API code and Manifest configuration file, the input is standard ARXML and ODX files, and generates C++11 source code and Manifest configuration file
Hirain Adptive AUTOSAR Use Cases
- Mass Production List:
- Development Project Case:
Project Task Description:
- Based on SemiDrive G9X Platform, a commercial vehicle customer completed the deployment of Adaptive AUTOSAR and Classic AUTOSAR on different processing cores, and realized the pre-research of intelligent gateway SOA technology.
- Hirain provides a complete Adaptive AUTOSAR software module, tool chain and Demo Application.
- Hirain Assists in completing the migration of Classic AUTOSAR software and provide inter-core communication solutions.
- Hirain Provides Adaptive AUTOSAR protocol training and integrated use training.
- Flexible license mode to meet the different needs of different customers such as OEM and suppliers.
- Provide open source software components and toolchain to customer for matching different project requirements.
- Provide ETS test software package to meet the requirements of OEM for TC8 test.
- Provide VDC/VDE database conversion/editing tools to meet the design and conversion requirements of OEMs and suppliers for the SOME/IP communication matrix.
- Localized R&D team service, match the requirements according to the protocol specifications of different users.
- Provide customer-specified POSIX operating system and Soc hardware platform integration services.
- On-site software product integration service.
- During the maintenance period, provide free technical support for software products (telephone, mail, video conferencing, on-site support).
- Provide training on Ethernet standard protocols (TCPIP, SOME/IP, DoIP, time synchronization, etc.).
- Provide Adaptive AUTOSAR application scenarios and methodology training.
- Provide functional principle training of 14 standard components of Adaptive AUTOSAR.
- Provide introduction to application development based on Adaptive AUTOSAR.